We are extremely proud of our environmental policy and are continually monitoring, developing and improving the procedures to create minimum impact on the community and environment.
Steelite International work closely with a number of suppliers and organisations to develop working methods and adopt procedures that help minimise our impact on the environment. Steelite International is accredited with the ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Standard and has 5 star membership status of the Green Organisation. Our Lamella has been awarded a Gold Green Apple Award for 2010. We are helping secure an environment that is fit for life.
How we reduce our impact
- Pitcher waste & pins are 100% recycled as raw material for H&R Johnson.
- Plaster mould waste is 100% recycled by Cheadle recycling for raw material in cement body.
- Cardboard & paper are 100% recycled through Browns and Severnside.
- Glass is 100% recycled by Browns, ground to dust for glass body material.
- Clean refractory waste is 100% recycled via Grange Aggregates for raw material.
- General waste is separated at Browns sorting unit, everything recyclable is segregated and recycled.
- Lamella system recycles up to 400 tonnes of clay waste per year from the manufacturing process; waste which prior to the installation of the Lamella was sent to land fill. By recycling clay waste, Steelite International save up to 243 tones of CO² every year.
- Packaging is from a 100% sustainable source and 100% biodegradable.
- Low temperature glaze reduces firing temperature by 86°F, saving tonnes of CO2 per year.
- Sensor lighting in warehouse aisles reduced electricity consumption.